The 25 Second Office 365 Tune Up
Many small businesses rely on the Microsoft office suite of products to conduct day to day business. Turning on Windows 10 and Office 365 automatic updates is a simple “set it and forget it” way to keep the products stable and secure.
Microsoft occasionally sends out updates that require the PC to be rebooted for the update to be completely applied. In those rare cases, Windows 10 and Office 365… well… just start acting ‘buggy’ or ‘funny’.
If your PC is acting ‘funny’ or has not been rebooted within the past week or so, use the following steps before reaching out and bugging family members or wasting money on walk in services.
Make sure Windows Updates have been applied
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower left-hand side of your screen
- Click on the gear icon (Settings)
- Click on Update and Security
- Click on “Update Now” or follow outstanding update instructions if presented
Make sure MS Office Updates have been applied
- Open an office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
- Click on File
- Click on Account
- Follow instructions for warnings if they show up
- “Updates Available”
- Click on Update Options
- Click on Update Now
- “There is a problem with your account, please log out and log back into Office Applications”
- Click on your name in upper right-hand corner (or ‘log in’ if your name isn’t there)
- Follow instructions for logging out and back in
EVAN is more than just a great source of technology information; we have Master Certified Professionals waiting to meet your IT needs right now.