How To: Easily Present and Share Content on Your Office TV
Most offices have done away with projectors for their conference rooms and replaced them with large, wall-mounted TVs. Connecting to a TV to share a presentation is challenging, because you never seem to have the right combination of adapters or cables to account for everyone’s computers. Even when you do, dealing with really long cables for video and audio is a pain.
We are often asked—is there a universal way for people to connect to a TV in their conference room?
Yes! Use a casting device.
Casting devices allow PCs to connect to TVs using the wireless network. No wires necessary. For a business environment, EVAN recommends Google Chromecast for its ease of use, cost, and app integration.
Installation is easy:
- Buy a Chromecast
- Download and install Google Chrome on your PC
- Plug your Chromecast device into one of the TV’s HDMI ports for video and a USB port for power
- Set up Chromecast (https://support.google.com/chromecast)
- Open Chrome
- Enter “chromecast.com/setup” into the address bar
- Choose “Set up your Chromecast using this computer”
- The Chromecast device will show up as “ChromecastXXXX.” Click “Set Me Up.”
- Match the code from the TV screen to what is shown on your PC, and click “Yes”
- Choose your WiFi network, enter your password, and click “Connect”
- Wait for the successful connection message. Click “Next.”
Casting to Chromecast from your phone or PC is even easier. Make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi network as Chromecast.
To cast from a PC (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332)
- Open Chrome
- At the top right, click on the three dots
- Click “Cast”
- Click “Cast to” and choose what you want to cast (Desktop, File, or just a Chrome tab)
- Choose the Cast device
To cast from your phone (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3006709)
- Open a Chromecast enabled app
- Tap the Cast Button –
EVAN is more than just a great source of technology information; we have Master Certified Professionals waiting to meet your IT needs right now.